English Roast Beef. Reviews for: Photos of English Roast Beef. English Roast Beef. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Roast beef is a traditional English dish of beef which is roasted.
Jamie loves Roast Beef, and we hope you do too! Here he gives us all the tips and tricks to make sure you get your beef spot on every time. I've always stayed away from this lean cut of beef, but according to these reviews I'm willing to try this recipe. You can cook English Roast Beef using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of English Roast Beef
- It’s 1 kg of beef round roast.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried sage.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 of medium onion, sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
Chuck roast is cut from the cow's shoulder. It is a heavily exercised muscle, which gives the beef good flavor but it also Other roasts cut from the chuck are Boston Cut and English Roast or Cross Cut. The Best English Roast Beef Recipes on Yummly English Roast Beef, Easy Italian Roast Beef, Simple Oven Roast Beef.
English Roast Beef step by step
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Season the roast with salt and pepper to taste..
- In a cast iron pot or Dutch oven, melt two of the three tbsp of butter. Brown the roast on all sides in the butter..
- When the roast is browned, add wine, sage, bay leaf, onion, and garlic. Optionally add red pepper flakes and additional salt. Cover the pot and place roast in the oven for 2–3 hours, or until desired level of doneness..
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a small saucepan on medium heat. Mix 1 tbsp of flour until well combined. Reduce heat to low until roux is lightly browned, being careful not to burn it. Season with sage, salt, and pepper to taste..
- Add ½ cup of water, and remaining liquid from roast including onions and garlic. Rise heat to medium, bring to a boil and lower to low heat, simmering until gravy thickens..
- Slice roast and serve topped with gravy..
There's a perfect roast beef recipe just waiting for you. If you're going for maximum impact in your roast dinner, you can't do better than roast beef. Cook the perfect roast beef for Sunday lunch or a dinner party. We'll help you achieve tender, juicy meat whether you are cooking a rib, sirloin or fillet. View top rated Beef english roast recipes with ratings and reviews.