Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps.
You can have Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps
- You need 1/2 of kilo shrimps (whole).
- Prepare 1 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped squash.
- You need 4 cloves of diced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of thumb of julienned ginger.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of Neutral cooking oil.
- Prepare of Garlic Salt (optional).
- You need of Turmeric powder (optional).
Squash and Coconut Milk Shrimps instructions
- Put a pan on medium heat and add neutral cooking oil. When the oil is hot but not too hot, add the garlic and the ginger and stir for a minute or so. Add the shrimps and lightly saute..
- Once the shrimps start to turn pink in colour, add the coconut milk and squash and bring the pan to low heat. Cover the pan and allow it to reach a slow simmer..
- Once simmering, test the squash’s doneness. When the squash is soft enough to mash, take a fork and mash the pieces in the pan as the dish continues to simmer. After mashing, give it a good mix. Add salt and pepper to taste (you can use garlic salt instead of regular salt for this)..
- If you want a bit more colour, add a pinch of turmeric, and serve! Enjoy! ☺️.