Cajun Shrimp Sauce (over Steak).
You can have Cajun Shrimp Sauce (over Steak) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp Sauce (over Steak)
- It’s 1 Tbs. of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of steaks (strip, ribeye, etc.).
- Prepare Dash of steak seasonings.
- You need 2 Tbs. of butter.
- You need 8 oz. of shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- It’s Dash of shrimp seasoning (Old Bay or Cajun).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- It’s Dash of pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable broth (or dry white wine).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 Tbs. of whole-grain or Dijon mustard.
- You need Dash of Cajun or Creole seasonings.
- Prepare 1 Tbs. of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped.
Cajun Shrimp Sauce (over Steak) step by step
- Prepare the steaks (seasonings) and the shrimp (seasonings) ahead of time and place in the refrigerator while preparing the side dishes..
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and sear for 3-4 minutes (depending on thickness and desired level of doneness). Sear the other side of the steak, one minute less..
- Remove the steak from the pan and set aside on a warm plate. Reduce the heat to medium, add the butter to the same pan and melt..
- Add the shrimp to the pan and sauté on both sides until slightly pink. Remove from the pan and set aside. Increase the heat to medium-high again..
- Add the garlic and the pepper flakes to the pan and heat this for less than a minute. Add the broth (or wine) and deglaze the pan. While heating, scrape the pan bottom (brown bits) with a spoon..
- Add the cream and mix lightly. Add the mustard and seasonings and bring to a slight boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for one minute..
- While simmering, add back in the shrimp along with the lemon juice and parsley. Heat the sauce for another minute. Mix lightly..
- Serve the sauce over the plated steaks and enjoy..
- Also, served over a tilapia fish filet on a bed of couscous..