Pork in shrimp paste and coconut. Hi my name is Jovelyn and today i made Pork binagoongan. It is a another filipino food. It is mainly pork cooked with bagoong (shrimp paste) and coconut milk.
How to cook Pork Binagoongan sa Gata. Place cubed liempo in a stockpot. Today I will show you How to make Thai streamed seafood curry in coconut or in Thai we call them "Haw Mok Thalay " in this VDO I will show you the recipe to make Homemade curry paste and the seafood cooked in curry. You can cook Pork in shrimp paste and coconut using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork in shrimp paste and coconut
- Prepare of boneless centre-cut pork chops, about 3/4 in. thick.
- It’s of shallot, chopped.
- You need of water.
- You need of rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- You need of bay leaves.
- It’s of garlic, sliced.
- Prepare of coconut milk (about 5 oz.).
- It’s of large handful cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare of jalapeno or Serrano pepper, chopped.
- You need of shrimp paste (I used Barrio Fiesta brand sweet bagoong).
Pork cooked in coconut milk mixture with chillies and shrimp paste. This is a dish has the spiciness and delicious taste that is perfect with white rice. Although bagoong (shrimp paste) is a traditional ingredient of Bicol Express, we omit it because there are two of us in the family who are allergic to it. When the pork and coconut milk are cooked, the lada is added together with the kakang gata until it is cooked.
Pork in shrimp paste and coconut instructions
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Sear them in a hot pan on medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side, then remove them to a plate..
- Add the shallots to the pan and sweat them for 1 minute..
- Add the water, vinegar, and bay leaves to the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any bits from the bottom. Once the liquid comes to a simmer, add the garlic. Continue simmering until reduced by about half..
- Stir the coconut milk and bagoong into the pan and bring to a simmer. Return the chops and any juices to the pan. Add the tomatoes and pepper. Let simmer 1 minute. Serve atop plain steamed rice..
Instead of pork, sometimes kinunot na. This tasty shrimp curry is blanketed in the most luscious coconut red curry sauce and full of so much flavor! Sometimes I'll stir in extra red curry paste or add a teeny pinch of salt, to taste. Serve with jasmine rice or basmati rice or see blog post for more tasty serving suggestions! Coconut milk flavored with peanut butter makes a classic Thai-inspired, creamy sauce.