Beef Biryani Curry with Pawpaw.
You can have Beef Biryani Curry with Pawpaw using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Biryani Curry with Pawpaw
- It’s of Beef (1/2 a kilo, pieced).
- It’s of Garlic (1 tbl spoon, crushed).
- You need of Ginger (1 tea spoon, crushed).
- Prepare of Tomato (2, grated into thick paste).
- It’s of Pilau Mix.
- You need of Coriander (a bunch, chopped).
- It’s of Onions (Deep fried and put aside).
- It’s of Potatoes (Irish ones, deep fried and put aside).
- You need of Tomato Paste (1 tbl spoon).
- Prepare of Raw Pawpaw (grated into thick paste).
- Prepare of Sour Milk/Maziwa mala (1/2 cups).
- You need of Lemon (squeeze into lemon juice, 1 tbl spn).
- You need to taste of Salt.
Beef Biryani Curry with Pawpaw step by step
- BEEF MARINATION :. In a cooking pot, place the meat chopped into preferable sizes, pour in the garlic, ginger, tomatoes, Pilau mix (table spoon), Tomato paste, Pawpaw. Mix evenly, cover and let it sit up to about 3 hours..
- FOR THE RICE: •3 cups of rice Vegetable oil (table spn) Cummin seeds (1/2 tea spn) Food colour (orange) Onion (1, cubbed).
- Wash the rice approximately thrice and strain it. Heat oil in a pan, add in the cummin spice and onions, fry until golden brown. Measure 3 and 1/2 cups of warm water and add into the oil with 1/2 a tea spn of salt. As the mixture boils, add the rice and let it boil. As water goes down, adjust the heat to low, mix some food colour with a table spoon of water and pour onto about 4 different sides to have the rice in both white and orange color..
- Cover and let it simmer until it's ready with top part forming a crust and some moisture retained within..
- FOR THE CURRY: Place the cooking pot with the beef marinade and let the meat boil into tenderness. In a separate pot, heat some vegetable oil (1 tbl spn), add in a table spoon of the Pilau mix or the crushed spices, crushed garlic, cubbed tomato and cook until tender..
- Pour in the heated beef marinade and mix evenly. Add the sour milk and salt to taste. As the curry slowly cooks, place the fried potatoes and onions. Squueze in about a table spoon of lemon juice soon. As soon as the potatoes are well cooked you are good to go! Haha…congrats! Bon appétit ;).
- For more recipes, visit: nurunourishes.wordpress.com.