Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes). This hearty Lebanese comfort food dish is a perfect meat and potatoes meal on a stormy March night. For the full recipe, refer to "Wadid's Kafta Batata" in. Thank you for watching Tony's Way.
Kefta (or kofta) is a deliciously spiced and tender type of Moroccan kebab made using ground beef or lamb. The mixture is flavored with cumin, paprika, minced onion, coriander, and parsley and formed into skewers. Swap out kefta for the meatballs and tahini sauce instead of cream sauce, and you have a Middle Eastern twist on a European favorite. You can have Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes)
- You need 1 kg of mince beef meat.
- Prepare 1 bunch of parsley (chopped).
- You need 1 of brown onion (chopped).
- It’s 2 of kgs potato.
- Prepare 1 of red capsicum.
- You need 1 of green capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of yellow capsicum.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of water.
Halfway through the baking process, turn the potato wedges and beef patties upside down to ensure even browning. While the kefta is baking, prepare the tahini. Keftedes (Greece) : Add some breadcrumbs and a little red wine to the meat mixture. Köfte (Turkey) : Add some breadcrumbs and form the Before frying, you can roll the kefta in some flour and shake off the extra to help them brown.
Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes) instructions
- Mix mince beef with chopped parsley, 1 tsp salt, and brown onion in a bowl, mix them together..
- Shape the mixture with your hand,.
- Pre-heat a sauce pan, cook the shaped kefta meat into them until they are cooked well, place them in a tray, put aside..
- Peel potatoes and cut them up long thinck shape, deep fry them until they are cooked well, place them on top of the kefta meat..
- Cut up tomatoes and capsicums round shape, and place them on top of potatoes..
- Mix pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, tomato sauce, 1 tsp of salt together in a bowl, add 2 cups of water, mix them well..
- Pour the pomegranate mixture into a kefta tray, and bake it for 20-30 mins in 200°C heat..
- Kefta with potatoes is ready to serve..
The best ground beef kefta and low carb veggie pilaf for keto diet meal prep. Beef Kefta Patties with Cucumber Salad. A little vacation without ever leaving the kitchen table—what's not to love about these Kefta Patties? Use it to make grilled kefta kebabs or for shaping into patties, logs or meatballs to cook stove top or in the oven. Kefta is the Moroccan Arabic term for ground meat or minced meat, with or without classic Moroccan seasoning that includes at a minimum paprika, cumin.