BEEF CHOWFAN (chowking-ish). Chowking-style beef chao fan, try this hacked easy recipe, meaty and tasty rice that will surely satisfy your chao fan craving. Beef chow fun is a Cantonese dish made from stir-frying beef, wide rice noodles (he fen or huo fun), scallions, ginger, bean sprouts and dark soy sauce. Known as gon chow ngau huo in Cantonese, you can find it in dim sum restaurants or sometimes Cantonese roast.
It is commonly found in yum cha restaurants in Guangdong, Hong Kong, and overseas, as well as in cha chaan tengs. Chow fan is also my favorite thing to order in Chowking. The delicious bowl of fried rice is mixed with several other ingredients including several seasonings, chopped up vegetables, bits of scrambled egg, and ground meat for protein. You can have BEEF CHOWFAN (chowking-ish) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BEEF CHOWFAN (chowking-ish)
- You need 3 cups of steamed rice (leftover, not hot/warm).
- Prepare 1 cup of ground beef.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 stalks of onion leaves (optional for garnish).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced carrots.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced cabbage.
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil (if you're not using a non stick pan).
It's a flavorful and filling meal by itself. An easy recipe for beef chow fun recreates a staple dish from Cantonese cuisine quickly using beef, baby corn, black bean sauce, and rice noodles. Classic Cantonese Beef Chow Fun Noodles recipe (aka Gon Chow Ngo Ho) made with chewy flat ho fun rice noodles and tender Beef chow fun is addictive with its chewy noodles and flavourful tender beef slices and it's so easy to sit down and finish off the. Beef chow fun consists of tender, succulent beef slices; soft, springy rice noodles; crispy beansprouts and aromatic Chinese chives.
BEEF CHOWFAN (chowking-ish) step by step
- Cook ground beef on a cooking pan set to medium heat. Make sure all meat is browned well and cooked..
- Add garlic and onion and sauté until onion is transluscent..
- Add oyster sauce and soy sauce. Continue mixing..
- Add rice. Make sure there are no "lumps" of rice. You can try to break it with your spatula. (Yes, you are welcome lol).
- Mix until sauce is evently incorporated with the rice..
- Add cabbage and carrots. Continue stir frying until vegetables are cooked..
- Garnish with onion leaves and serve hot. ENJOY! 😊.
You may find them with different spellings such as Sa-ho fan, Sha he fen, etc. Beef Chow Fun is common Cantonese Chinese dish stir fried with tender beef, silky rice noodles (ho fun/chow fun), chive/green onion and beansprouts. The key of delicious beef chow fun is texture. (of course flavor too!) Silky and succulent noodles and beef makes. Beef Chow Fun is a cornerstone Cantonese dish with a simple composition. Chow means "to stir fry in a wok" and Fun is the type of noodle that is used, rice noodles, or Hor Fun.