You can have Shrimp Creole using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Creole
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need 4 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of minced onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped multi color mini sweet peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of halved seeded grape tomatoes.
- It’s 1-2 lbs of peeled deveined or purged shrimp.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of marinara sauce.
- It’s to taste of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Tony Chachere's seasoning.
- You need to taste of Italian seasoning blend.
- You need to taste of Tabasco.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable broth (increase to 1 1/2 cup for 2lbs shrimp).
- Prepare of additional veggie broth for cooking veggies and thinning roux.
- It’s of cooked rice for service.
- You need of cornstarch slurry if necessary.
Shrimp Creole step by step
- In a large skillet, or small Dutch oven sweat onion, peppers, and celery with vegatable broth as needed to keep moist, cook till softened.
- Add butter, melt with veggies, add flour 1 tbsp at a time, thinning with veggie broth if too thick, cook till caramel color, resulting in a veggie roux.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, marinara sauce, Tony Chachere's seasoning, Italian blend seasoning, 1 cup vegatable broth, cook to marry flavors and thicken consistency.
- Add shrimp and tomatoes, cook till shrimp turn pink about 5-10 mins stirring constantly, if roux becomes too looose, thicken with cornstarch slurry.
- Serve over cooked rice, add Tabasco sauce and additional Tony Chachere's seasoning to taste. Enjoy!.