Shrimp Scampi Pizza on Cauliflower Crust.
You can cook Shrimp Scampi Pizza on Cauliflower Crust using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Scampi Pizza on Cauliflower Crust
- You need 1 of medium sized head cauliflower.
- You need 2 of Large eggs beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Parmesan shredded.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need of For the pizza topping.
- It’s of I tsp olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1/4 of of white wine (I used Casal Garcia).
- Prepare 1 of lemon zest and juice.
- Prepare 1 lb of peeled shrimp (whichever size you prefer,I always prefer Colossal).
- Prepare 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/4 of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 of chopped parsley.
Shrimp Scampi Pizza on Cauliflower Crust step by step
- Instructions Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and place a pizza stone inside (if using). My pizza stone is small, so I just used a regular pizza pan. If you're not using pre-riced cauliflower, put cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until very fine crumbs remain. Alternatively, you can grate the cauliflower using a cheese grater..
- Place cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, cover it with a paper towel and microwave for 5 minutes. Remove the cauliflower and let it cool. You can place it in the freezer for a couple of minutes to speed up the process. Once cool, wrap the cauliflower in a dishtowel and squeeze until it is completely dry. It is very important to get all of the moisture out..
- Place the cauliflower in a large (dry) mixing bowl. Mix in the cheeses, seasonings and eggs. If you're using a 16 ounce bag of pre-riced cauliflower (like me), you may need to add about ¼ cup egg whites, another egg, milk or water. I added ¼ cup egg whites because the cauliflower crust mixture seemed too dry..
- Transfer cauliflower crust mixture to a large piece of parchment paper (no larger than your pizza stone) and press the dough into a circle, making sure the crust is thin and of about ¼ inch thickness..
- Gently pick up the parchment paper and slide it with entire crust on top on to pizza stone or pizza baking pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. While pizza is cooking, begin preparing shrimp and other toppings. In a large skillet, melt butter and oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and lemon zest, cook for one minute..
- Add the wine and lemon juice, simmer for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook only until pink. Remove from pan and set aside. Once the crust is golden, remove it from the oven and brush dough with garlic-lemon sauce from pan. Be generous, but you don't want wet puddles on your pizza..
- Top with shrimp, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Place pizza back in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Garnish with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately. Enjoy!.