Pressure Cooker Beef Stew.
You can cook Pressure Cooker Beef Stew using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Beef Stew
- It’s 2 LBs of beef stew meet.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium celery stick.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need 3 cloves of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of cups water (or beef broth).
- You need 2 1/2 Tbsp of beef bouillon.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 lb of potatoes (cut into large chunks).
- It’s 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 2 of dried bay leaves.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp of cold water.
Pressure Cooker Beef Stew step by step
- Combine 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1/4 cup flour and coat beef with mixture..
- Saute beef in oil until browned (no need to cook all the way through) once browned set aside..
- In pan that browned meat cook celery, onion, tomato paste, garlic..
- Turn off saute setting, add 3 1/2 cups beef broth or water and 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- Add browned meat back into instant pot, along with carrots and potatoes and bay leaves. combine well.
- Close lid, close vent, set to pressure cook on high for 35 minutes then let naturally release for 10 minutes then quick release.
- Remove lid and set to saute.
- Make corn starch slurry out of 1.5 Tbsp corn starch and 1.5 Tbsp cold water combine well then add into simmering beef stew.
- Stir well to thicken, turn off heat and serve.