You can cook Shrimp Bisque using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Bisque
- You need 1 cup of butter, divided.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cups of A/P flour.
- You need 3 qts of Seafood Stock.
- You need 2 lbs of Shrimp (medium size), peeled & deveined. Reserve the shells.
- Prepare 2 of large onions, chopped.
- It’s 6-8 of Garlic Cloves, smashed.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 3 of Fluid ozs Brandy.
- Prepare 1 quart of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Tobasco sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Seafood Seasoning.
- You need of Croutons.
Shrimp Bisque step by step
- To make the rue, use a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt 3/4 cup of the butter and add the flour. Cooking and stirring about 7-10 minutes. This removes the flour taste and the brown color will add flavor. Season with salt and pepper..
- Stir in the seafood stock and simmer for about 15 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside..
- Chop onions, set aside. Peel and devein shrimp, setting shrimp aside and keep shells to sauté..
- In large skillet with sides over medium heat, add 1/4 cup butter, chopped onions and shrimp shells. Cook until onions are opaque and shells are pink..
- Add garlic, tomato paste and Paprika and cook until browned..
- Stir in brandy and light on fire to burn off alcohol. Simmer until thickened..
- Now add the stock you made earlier. Stir to combine. Lower heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes..
- Next strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the shells and onions, leaving velvety smooth stock. Return to the large pan to simmer..
- Heat cream and add to stock in pan. Stir together..
- Dice shrimp and sauté them in the skillet over medium heat until just pink..
- Stir cooked diced shrimp, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and seafood seasoning to pan. Stir to combine..
- Place in bowl and top with a few croutons. Enjoy!.