Shrimp Macaroni Pie. Hi Pretties, This is a short video on how to make Shrimp and Lobster Macaroni Pie. You can make it from scratch or get a store bought. Macaroni Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Caribbean macaroni pie is a comfort food staple in the West Indies. This cheesy baked pasta dish is delicious with stewed or barbecued chicken. This recipe is a bit sweet and very plain, making it a. You can cook Shrimp Macaroni Pie using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Macaroni Pie
- It’s 200 g of Prawns.
- You need 500 g of Macaroni Pasta.
- You need of Butter.
- You need 1 Tsp of Garlic Paste.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Mixed Herbs.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 100 ml of Milk.
- You need 200 g of Garlic & Herb soft Cheese.
- It’s 200 g of Grated Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of All Purpose Season.
- It’s 200 g of Mozzarella Cheese.
- It’s 50 g of Parmesan Cheese.
Mac and cheese that's firm enough to be sliceable, but with an utterly irresistible creaminess that can only be the result of pure magic—we're not sure how, but we made it happen. Trinidad Macaroni Pie – baked mac and cheese- the Caribbean Way – with tons of flavor. This homemade Trinidad Macaroni pie is a whole other story for me. Macaroni pie was standard fair at many homes and family gatherings throughout the low country in South Carolina and I LOVED it.
Shrimp Macaroni Pie instructions
- Pre-heat the oven at 200C. Bring to boil a large pot of water before adding the Macaroni to cook for 10 minutes to become al dente. Whilst the pasta boils, add 1 Tbsp Butter to a hot pan and once melted, add 1 Tsp Garlic paste to saute for a minute. Add the prawns and cook until pink, make sure to add 1 Tsp of Parsley and 1 Tsp Mixed Herbs, set aside once ready..
- Drain the pasta once ready and rinse under cold water for a few minutes in order to avoid the pasta sticking together and cooking further. Add the prawns to the pasta and mix together in the pot, set aside to prepare the sauce..
- In a separate small pot, add 2 Tbsp Butter and allow to melt gently. Once fully melted, add 1 Tbsp Plain flour and mix in making sure there are no lumps in the mixture. Gradually start adding the Milk whilst mixing to achieve a creamy consistency before adding adding the Soft Cheese. Whisk the Soft Cheese in the sauce on a low heat before adding 100g Cheddar Cheese..
- Once the cheese sauce is ready, pour the mixture into the Pasta and Prawns. Combine and mix the Macaroni, Shrimp and Cheese sauce until evenly mixed. Add the mixture into a pyrex dish and sprinkle the top of the macaroni with the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese making sure it's fully covered before baking it in the oven for up to 45minutes. You will know it's ready once you achieve a golden crispy coating of the cheese on top..
It was and is one of my favorite foods.. Shrimp Salad Mayonnaise Recipes on Yummly Aunty Mala's Macaroni Pie – But first, an update. One of my favorite dishes she makes is this macaroni pie. It's a favorite of mine and everyone else that tries it.