Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce. Line insides of pita pockets with spinach. Add roast beef, tomato and onion. Two sandwich halves may easily fit into your personal meal plan.
This cut comes from the inside of the rear leg and is very lean. It can be fabricated into steaks, which benefit from tenderization or marination, but is commonly roasted and sliced for Roast Beef. In this flavorful dish, warm pitas are filled with sweet sautéed onion and bites of chicken coated with warming vadouvan curry powder, which finds cooling contrast from a layer of creamy cucumber It's the perfect accompaniment to our refreshing side of crisp cabbage dressed with sweet chili sauce. You can cook Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream(not a fan of yogurt).
- You need 1 cup of fine diced peeled cucumber.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh minced mint.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh chopped dill.
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves pressed.
- It’s of Justice of 1 lemon(or to taste).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef or lamb.
- You need 1 of small onion fine diced.
- You need 1 of medium golden delicious apple fine chopped (wait to chop it before it goes in the beef mixture).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne (optional).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare Pack of pita, but I use the new half pita pockets.
Another Dim Sum Recipe, "Curry Beef Triangles with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce 咖哩牛肉角" by youcancookgourmet.com with Joyce Ho. Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce please. The perfect ending to the holiday turkey is this Greek-inspired sandwich served in a warmed pita. It is filled with lettuce, tomatoes, and turkey, and topped with a homemade cucumber sauce.
Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce instructions
- Mix the first 7 ingredient and set in the fridge so the flavors marry.
- Add the onion and ground beef to a skillet until the beef is cooked through. Add the apples, raisin, curry powder, brown sugar, 4 tbsp of butter and salt and cook until the apple are soft.
Serve, letting guests fill their own pitas with lettuce first, followed by turkey, tomatoes and cucumber sauce. Combine cucumber and vinegar in a medium bowl; toss well. Open carefully and fill with lettuce, lamb, tomato and onion. Try a Beef Shawarma Pita with Creamy Tahini Dipping Sauce. My boys love this sandwich and request it at least once a week!