Argentine Red Shrimp Crepes.
You can have Argentine Red Shrimp Crepes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Argentine Red Shrimp Crepes
- It’s 8-10 of shell-on argentine red shrimp.
- Prepare 4 of crepes.
- You need 1 bottle of clam juice.
- You need 1 of ⁄2 stalk celery, diced.
- It’s 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s 2 tbs of flour.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s To taste of salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- You need To taste of parmesan cheese.
Argentine Red Shrimp Crepes step by step
- Clean shrimp, reserving shells. In a small pan add shells to clam juice. Simmer for 15 minutes and strain, reserving liquid. Discard the shells and put the reserved liquid into a pot..
- Add celery and simmer for 10 minutes then rise to a boil. Add shrimp, reduce heat and simmer for ONE minute then strain, reserving liquid, and put shrimp and celery in ice water to chill, remove. Cut shrimp into three pieces..
- Melt butter and add flour gently cooking for three minutes. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk in milk and cook until smooth. Add 4 oz reserved clam juice, simmer, and taste. If the sauce is too thick, whisk in more clam juice as desired..
- Remove about 3/4 cup of sauce, set aside, and keep warm. Into the remaining sauce, stir in shrimp and celery, then remove from heat. Assemble ASAP to not overcook shrimp..
- Fill crepes with the mixture, fold and place seam side down in a broiler proof plate or pan Spoon over the reserved sauce and sprinkle cheese as desired. Broil until lightly browned..
- Served with a white wine..