Sambal prawn petai. Petai, its either you hate it or you love it. The taste is nutty and creamy to petai lovers. It's often cooked in a spicy sambal sauce with succulent prawns, squid or even crispy fried anchovies.
Plus, it's such a flexible dish that sambal petai with prawn. Grandmother Fried Dish – Stinky Bean(Petai),Fried Shrimps with Stinky Beans,Delicious & Nutritious. Recipe by Nanyang Express 南洋小厨Course: MainCuisine Cut petai into halves and remove core. You can have Sambal prawn petai using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sambal prawn petai
- You need to taste of prawns.
- You need to taste of petai (bitter bean).
- You need to taste of sambal (Indonesian chili paste).
- It’s to taste of minced tomato.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 drop of sweet sauce.
- Prepare to taste of potato.
- You need to taste of garlic.
Peel of the skin of onion and slice it. Petai (Parkia speciosa) or 'stink bean' which belongs to the legume family is harvested from tall Barring the offensive smell, the petai has a lot of health benefits. It helps to lower blood sugar in. Petai or the Bitter Bean, commonly served in anchovy or prawn sambal is my family's favourite.
Sambal prawn petai instructions
- Pan fry garlic. Add petai. Fry till fragrant..
- Add sambal. Add tomato. Salt and sugar. Add water..
- Put in prawns. Add ONE TINY DROP of sweet sauce.
- Dice potatoes. Air-fry potato. Add into the frying pan and mix..
Although I prefer petai with anchovies combo, I had to use prawn this time as my son craved for it all. Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) is a well loved side dish that is often taken for granted. Mix the tamarind pulp with the water and strain the mixture. Add the prawns and tamarind water and bring to a quick boil. This is sambal petai or because of the use of prawns (udang in Malay), sambal petai udang.