Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes. While stew is cooking, bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of salted water. I used a combo of beef and veggie broth instead of the chicken broth as it was what I had around. Beef simmers slowly with tomatoes, red wine, cannellini beans and Italian seasoning to make a mouthwatering, Mediterranean-inspired stew.
I served crusty sourdough rolls with it. This One-Pot Beef Stew makes big flavors with little mess. It's a comforting, delicious meal any day of the week. You can cook Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes using 13 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes
- Prepare 1 lb of stew beef.
- You need 1 of large carrot diced.
- You need 1 of large celery stalk diced.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- You need 4 of minced clove garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 3 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of balsamic.
- It’s 1 cup of diced tomato.
- Prepare 1 can of cannelini beans.
- It’s 2 sprig of rosemary.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s of Mashed potatoes.
Tuscan Herb Mashed Potatoes. by Kalle Bergman. Looking for a healthier and more flavorful take on the classic mashed potatoes? Easy Beef Stew with Mashed Potatoes. Garlic and Herb Crusted Sirloin Tip Roast.
Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes step by step
- Spray Dutch oven with oil and brown beef but not cooked entirely. Remove and set aside. Cook onion, celery, carrot until done and add garlic for one minute. Add tomato paste and cook one minute. Deglaze pan with balsamic. Add broth and tomatoes and scrape bottom of pan. Add everything else except beans and simmer covered for 40 minutes. Uncover, add beans and simmer 30 more minutes. Serve over potatoes..
Add in the potato chunks and cover the pot until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes and mash them with butter, milk, salt and pepper. A beef stew inspired by the flavors of Tuscany – tender beef cubes, cremini mushrooms and carrots slow simmered with tomatoes and rosemary. Stir in carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, onion and seasonings. I don't consider myself an expert in the kitchen at all.