Moroccan Shrimp and Cous².
You can have Moroccan Shrimp and Cous² using 28 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moroccan Shrimp and Cous²
- Prepare 10-12 of Large Argentinian Shrimp.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Ginger.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Allspice.
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Sautéed Veggies.
- It’s 2 of Zucchini or Yellow Squash (Halved, and cut on the bias).
- You need 1/2 of Large Onion (Yellow or Red) Cut into rounds.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Quartered Crimini Mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of Large Clove Garlic, Crushed.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- Prepare to Taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Cous².
- Prepare 1 Cup of Moroccan Couscous.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cup of Cold Water.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Veg. Base.
- You need 1 Tsp of Lemon Juice.
- It’s of Grate of Lemon Zest.
- It’s to Taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Yogurt Sauce.
- You need 1 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1-2 Tsp of Lemon Juice.
- You need to Taste of Salt.
Moroccan Shrimp and Cous² instructions
- Let the Greek yogurt hang so the excess liquid drips out of it. Meanwhile, combine spices for shrimp in a small bowl. Taste for corrections. Peel the shrimp, leaving the tails on, and toss in spice..
- Set a sautée pan over medium-high heat, and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once the oil shimmers, add the garlic and sautée until fragrant. Add in the onions and mushrooms and stir once, to incorporate with the garlic. Let them sear for a minute or 2 before stirring, so they get color. Stir once, and leave for another minute, then add in squash and cook until squash is browned but not watery. Remove from heat, and move sautéed veg into a container. Place pan back on heat..
- In a small sauce pan heat water, veg base, and lemon juice to boiling over high heat. Once a rolling boil is achieved, remove from heat and add couscous, stirring to incorporate. Add lemon zest, and let sit 1 minute. Fluff with a fork. Salt to taste. **Never salt before, the stock may make it salty enough and anything else could make it too salty!**.
- In the veggie pan, add another dash of olive oil, and sautée the shrimp. Add a splash of water quickly if the spices start to burn on the pan, or the shrimp will taste scorched. Don't overcook the shrimp, 1½ minutes at most..
- In a small bowl mix yogurt, honey, lemon juice, and salt. Mix until combined..
- Scoop half of the couscous on a plate, in a smoothly tapered mound. Arrange sautéed veggies on top, making sure to display the colorful sides of the produce. Place half the shrimp on top. Finally, spoon out the sauce in streaks over the whole dish. Garnish with chopped parsley..