Shrimp Sinigang. Sinigang na Hipon is a type of Filipino sour soup, wherein shrimp is used as the main ingredient. How to Cook Sinigang na Hipon. This dish is quick and easy to cook.
A variation of the beloved Filipino sour soup dish that is cooked with shrimp. Sinigang is a popular Filipino dish. It is a sour soup that uses tamarind as it's base flavor, it can be cooked with fish, meat, shrimp, and vegetables. You can cook Shrimp Sinigang using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Sinigang
- It’s 10 pcs. of Shrimp cleaned.
- It’s 44 grams of Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Kangkong (water spinach).
- It’s 5 pieces of okra.
- You need 1 piece of tomato sliced.
- Prepare 2 pieces of long green pepper (Green finger chilies).
- It’s 1 piece of onion sliced.
- You need 2 quarts of water.
- It’s 3 tsp of Fish Sauce.
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Shrimp Sinigang This is another Filipino dish famous for the variety of ingredients. Shrimp is often used as the main ingredient, but fish, pork, beef and almost anything can be used to make this. Shrimps are expensive so you don't want to overcook them.
Shrimp Sinigang instructions
- Boil water in a cooking pot. Add onion and tomato Cover and continue to boil for 8 minutes..
- Add shrimp. Cook for 1 minute..
- Add Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc Recipe Mix. Stir until it dilutes completely. Cover and cook for 3 minutes..
- Add long green pepper and okra then cook it for 5 minutes.
- Put the kangkong stalks into the pot. Season with fish sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve warm with rice.
They cook real fast and overcooking can make them rubbery and tough, with shells that are hard to remove. The degree of tartness in Filipino sinigang broths varies quite a bit according to taste; feel free to add a bit more tamarind or lime juice if you wish. I could go on about how I love this soup called Sinigang, a tamarind based soup common in Filipino cuisine. It's my favorite, along with most Filipino dish, but this one especially shines in colder months! How to make Saucy Shrimp Sinigang.