My version of Thai Basil Beef (Pad Ka Prao) with dried chillies, topped with fried eggs.
You can have My version of Thai Basil Beef (Pad Ka Prao) with dried chillies, topped with fried eggs using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My version of Thai Basil Beef (Pad Ka Prao) with dried chillies, topped with fried eggs
- Prepare 400 g of Beef mince (or chicken or pork).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Garlic, minced.
- You need 10 g of Large Dried Chillies (mild), roughly pounded.
- You need 2-4 of Small Dried Chillies (hot), roughly pounded.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Thai Seasoning Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Fish Sasuce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Sweet Soy Sauce (or Kecap Manis).
- It’s 1 tsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 handful of Basil or Thai Holy Basil.
- You need of Optional Fried Egg:.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of Spicy Fish Sauce (Nam Pla Prik).
- It’s 3 of Red Chillies, cut into thin slices.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Fish Sauce.
My version of Thai Basil Beef (Pad Ka Prao) with dried chillies, topped with fried eggs step by step
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic + large dried chillies + small dried chillies. Fry until fragrant.
- Add beef mince, break it up the lumps. When the beef is almost cooked through, season with oyster sauce + Thai seasoning sauce + sugar + sweet soy sauce + soy sauce. Keep frying over medium heat until it's dry-ish..
- Add basil leaves. Turn off heat. Stir to mix..
- In a small pan or pot, add oil up to about 1 cm height. Heat over high heat until oil is hot. Add one egg. Let the egg white cook until it's crispy..
- When the egg white is crispy enough, gently scoop up the hot oil over the top of the egg to evenly cook the egg whites, and creates a thin coating over the egg yolk. Remove from pan. Repeat with the second egg..
- Mix together fresh chillies + fish sauce. Serve everything together with steamed rice..