Stir fried shrimps with egg whites. Stir-fried shrimp and eggs (虾仁炒蛋) is a common Cantonese dish that we're always sure to order when we go to Chinatown back in New York. There's just something about those silky scrambled eggs, scallions, and tender shrimp that makes it a must-order. There is a great little Cantonese restaurant.
Soaking the shrimp in a baking-soda solution prevents them from becoming soft and mealy by altering their texture so that they are juicy, with a crunchy pop when you bite into them. We will stir fry this some more in a few mins. Place those shrimps in the bowl of beaten egg mixed with salt and michiu. You can cook Stir fried shrimps with egg whites using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stir fried shrimps with egg whites
- You need of Main Ingredients.
- Prepare 3 Pcs of Eggs.
- You need 30 g of Bacon, Diced (can be pancetta, chorizo).
- It’s 100 ml of Chicken Stock.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of Marination.
- Prepare 10 Pcs of Shrimp Meat.
- Prepare 1/8 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/8 Tsp of Pepper (Preferably White pepper).
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Corn Starch.
- It’s of Garnish.
- Prepare 1 Stalk of Scallion, Chopped.
If using garlic powder, add now. Now in medium high heat, add the whole. Season with salt and sugar, mix well and stir-fry for another minute. This stir-fried prawns with egg whites dish is so smooth and delicious.
Stir fried shrimps with egg whites instructions
- Wash and clean the shrimp meat, then dry them throughly with kitchen paper towel..
- In a small bowl, mix the shrimp meat, salt, pepper and corn starch together. Let them sit for 15 mins to marinate..
- Crack the eggs and separate the egg yolks from the egg whites, the remaining egg yolks can be used for making Crème brûlée, Ice cream, etc.
- Heat 1/2 Tbsp of oil in medium size sauce pan over medium heat. Addition of diced bacon and cook until it is starting to be golden brown..
- Add the seasoned shrimp meat into the sauce pan, stir-fry both sides of the shrimps together with the bacon..
- Take out the shrimps and bacon from the sauce pan to a bowl..
- Do not wash the pan. Heat up the remaining 1 Tbsp of Oil in the sauce pan over low heat. When the oil starting to be warm, add the egg whites and wait the edges to become solid (Turn white)..
- Gently push the cooked edge to the centre with a spatula so that the uncooked egg whites will be fill up the edge again. Once the egg whites are all cooked (white colour), add the chicken stock. Avoid browning of the egg whites..
- Add the shrimps and bacon back to the sauce pan with the egg whites. Gently mix them together and cook them until the liquid reduced by half..
- Transfer it to a plate and garnish it with chopped scallions..
By adding some milk into the egg whites, it creates more creaminess and nutrients. Having had the popular stir-fried prawns with eggs for countless times, I decided to detour and make a similar dish only with egg whites. Try your hand at a homemade stir-fry tonight with this recipe featuring egg noodle pancakes with chicken, shrimp, and vegetables. Stir-Fried Egg Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp. Separate the egg white and egg yolk.