Beef Pares. Beef Pares are cubed beef briskets cooked with spices and tenderized to perfection. Cooking beef pares is easier when using a pressure cooker. This helps tenderize the beef quickly.
A mixture of soy sauce, water, sugar, and other spices is mixed together in order to give the beef brisket a flavorful. Pares or beef pares is one of the popular dish which is equivalent to braised beef. "Pares" literary means "pair" which is a combination of braised beef or beef stew as a tasty viand and a bowl of soup. Beef Pares is the best food pairing ever! You can have Beef Pares using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Pares
- Prepare 1/2 kg of beef cut into 1 cm cubes (brisket, flank, or short rib).
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of thumb ginger, sliced thin.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- It’s 1 tbsp of peppercorns.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of five spice powder or one more star anise.
- You need 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of shao xing wine (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of corn starch or flour.
The combination of tender beef asado, garlic fried rice, and Beef pares, indeed, a delicious medley of tastes. The sweet and salty meat is traditionally served with. Beef Pares – chunks of beef simmered in a spiced broth until tender and then gently braised in a soy sauce, brown sugar and star anise mixture. And it is not pares without its partners: garlic fried rice.
Beef Pares step by step
- In a cooking pot, cover the beef with water, and bring to a boil for five to ten minutes or until the meat is no longer red. Rinse the beef and the pot to remove all of the scum..
- Add enough water back into the pot to cover the meat, and mix in the garlic, onion, ginger, star anise, peppercorns, bay leaf, five-spice powder, soy sauce, vinegar, and shaoxing wine (if using). Bring to a boil under medium heat. Mix in sugar. Reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until the meat is tender, roughly two hours..
- When the onions have become transparent, taste the broth, and add in salt until the desired level of saltiness is achieved..
- When the meat is tender, dissolve the corn starch or flour in 2 tbsp. of water. Stir into the broth, bring to a boil, and then return to a simmer until the broth thickens slightly, about five minutes..
- To serve, take 1 cup of rice (garlic fried rice is usual, but plain steamed rice will do) and place several pieces of beef on top. Drizzle generously with broth, and garnish with toasted garlic and scallions. Usual condiments that go with this are soy sauce with calamansi (toyomansi), and chilli garlic paste..
Beef Pares Mami Noodles is a simple noodle soup dish. It is a combination of two dishes: beef pares and Learn how to make Beef Pares Recipe, usually made of any part of beef, but mainly brisket. Beef Pares has become popular in the Philippines. The word Pares means a pair in English. This is because the recipe should be paired with garlic fried rice and beef soup.