Feta Shrimp with Brown Rice. (TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE) Shrimp nestled in a Greek-spiced tomato sauce, topped with Before serving, you flash the pan under the broiler to brown the cheese and sprinkle the whole Crumble the feta over the shrimp, and then sprinkle with the oregano. The flavors of fresh mint and feta enliven this instant brown rice. Toss any leftovers with some cooked shrimp for a satisfying, easy lunch.
Spinach, Feta, and Brown Rice pie is a clean eating meal that can be made ahead and packed for lunch the next day. If you guys like the videos please LIKE. This Greek spin on the classic baked rice casserole calls for shrimp, but chicken can also be used. You can have Feta Shrimp with Brown Rice using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Feta Shrimp with Brown Rice
- It’s 2 of servings of rice, white, brown, boiled, steamed, etc.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium Onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of large Garlic Clove, minced.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried Oregano.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 (14 1/2 ounce) of can of diced Tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1/2 pound of uncooked medium Shrimp, peeled.
- It’s 1/8 cup of Dry White Wine.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced fresh Parsley.
- You need 3/8 cup of crumbled Feta Cheese, the best you can find.
Cut three large boneless chicken breasts into cubes and brown first in oil in a hot skillet before adding to cooked rice. Combine bread crumbs, feta and parsley in a bowl; spread over rice. Then mix in the brown rice, combining it thoroughly so all the ingredients. Crumbled feta cheese is stirred in while the rice and lentils are still warm, adding a touch of creaminess plus a burst of briny flavor that wonderfully complements the earthiness of the lentils and rice.
Feta Shrimp with Brown Rice step by step
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat..
- Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender..
- Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer..
- Stir in tomatoes and wine. Bring to a boil..
- Simmer uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened..
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Remove from heat and stir in 3 tbs cheese..
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with remaining cheese to taste..
I served it over brown rice with a salad and garlic bread. Reviews for: Photos of Baked Shrimp with Feta and Tomato. It pairs shrimp with tomatoes and feta cheese and is absolutely delicious in every rule-breaking way. You make a quick and easy tomato sauce on the stovetop with onions, garlic, and tomatoes, then add shrimp and feta and plop it in the oven to bake. The flavors of fresh mint and feta enliven this instant brown rice.