Grilled Citrus herb shrimp. Citrus, herb, olive oil and garlic are a winning combination for grilled shrimp or grilled scallops. The herbed citrus marinade was amazing—we used a regular orange and this weird sour orange with green skin that we found growing on a tree outside the condo in Maui, Hawaii. Check out our recipe for grilled citrus and herb marinated shrimp.
All the flavor in half the calories with this dish! Fun and flavorful citrus grilled shrimp paired with the also flavorful, but healthy, garlic & herb. Directions: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. You can have Grilled Citrus herb shrimp using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Citrus herb shrimp
- You need 1-2 of lbs. Raw shrimp.
- It’s 1 T of fresh parsley.
- You need 1 T of fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 T of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 T of fresh basil.
- It’s 1 T of fresh thyme.
- It’s 1-2 T of orange zest.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- You need 3 T of honey.
- It’s 3-5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Skewers.
To serve: Place arugula on bottom of serving dish, top with grilled citrus. Place grilled salmon on top of citrus; spoon desired amount of herb mixture onto salmon. While shrimp are marinating, insert the plates on the grill side. Open the unit to extend flat and arrange the shrimp on both the upper and lower plates.
Grilled Citrus herb shrimp step by step
- Mix all ingredients together except shrimp..
- Devine and take shells off shrimp..
- Put shrimp in a bag and marinade with sauce for 1-3 hours. No longer since marinade has citrus it will start to cook the shrimp..
- While marinading shrimp let the skewers soak, if using wooden skewers. (if using metal skip this step.).
- Take shrimp out of fridge and put about 5 or 6 shrimp on each skewer..
- Grill about 3-5 mintues on each side, or until shrimp turns pink..
- Enjoy over rice, in a tortilla, or simply right off the skewer..
Then you'll love this Grilled Shrimp with white wine Citrus & Herb Seasoning grilled on the Big Green Egg. Recipe courtesy of Amanda Egidio, Big Green Add the Citrus & Dill Seasoning, and season with salt as desired. Whisk in the lemon juice and set sauce aside. Place the shrimp on a lightly oiled. This grilled shrimp is marinated in a sensational medley of citrus juices, garlic, cilantro, parsley and basil.