Beef Caldereta. Beef Kaldereta is a main stay in any Filipino Kitchen. It is a type of beef stew cooked with tomato sauce and liver spread. Ingredients such as potato, carrots, bell peppers, and olives are also utilized when.
Beef Kaldereta (or Caldereta) is a Filipino spicy tomato-based beef stew loved by many Filipinos. Traditionally, Caldereta is prepared using goat meat. But since it is rather difficult to come by, I opted. You can cook Beef Caldereta using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Caldereta
- It’s 1/2 of bulb of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/2 of big or 1 small onion minced (red or white).
- Prepare 2 of carrots small to medium size cubed.
- It’s 1 of medium size potato cubed.
- Prepare 2 of small bell peppers cubed (green or red).
- It’s 4 of red small hot chilli peppers chopped.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef cubes.
- It’s 2 pcs of beef broth cubes.
- You need 1 can of liver spread.
- It’s 1 of big pack tomato sauce (Filipino Style or Italian Style).
- It’s 1 of small pack tomato paste.
- It’s of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of Butter.
Beef Kaldereta (Caldereta) is a popular Filipino stew that is served during parties and holidays. There are so many great Filipino stews and a couple of my favorites that I've shared before include chicken. Beef Caldereta is a Filipino Kaldereta Recipe that uses beef. Caldereta or Kaldereta is a classic filipino dish in which every filipino household has its own version in cooking this recipe.
Beef Caldereta step by step
- Tenderize the beef in water with beef cubes using pressure cooker for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs until meat is fork-tender..
- Remove and discard the fatty liquid from beef broth. Separate the beef cubes from the broth. Do not discard the remaining beef broth..
- In a different pan, sauté the bell peppers in butter or vegetable oil until aromat and then set aside..
- In the same pan, sauté carrots in butter or vegetable oil until it turns into a vibrant orange and achieves softer bite. Set aside..
- In the same pan, fry potato cubes in butter and add salt. Once it softens a bit, set aside..
- In the same pan, sauté the onions until aromat. Add the garlic and sauté until aromat. Fry the beef cubes until brown..
- Place the tomato sauce and tomato paste in the mixture. Add in about a cup or so of the beef broth from earlier to add more sauce to the dish..
- Put in one can of liver spread and mix well..
- Add in the bell peppers, carrots and potatoes in the mixture..
- Finally, mix the chopped red hot chilli peppers to the dish and wait until the mixture boils..
- Taste before serving. Some people add white or brown sugar to taste for sweet tooths. Serve..
This Beef Caldereta recipe (Kaldereta) gives you know-how on preparing this hearty dish. Beef Caldereta or Kaldereta is also known as the beef stew in tomato sauce. This beef kaldereta recipe yields a tasty stew with tender beef. The secret to this special beef kaldereta recipe? We added peanut butter and coconut milk to the mix.